Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sydney, not Boston!



I have finally arrived in Sydney. I have no idea what time or day it is, but someone muttered something about it being Sunday, which given I left on Friday is more than a little bizarre.




On arriving at the hotel (7am) I find that I was expected the day before and now have no room. To which I replied, "it is the fucking day before!!", how weird. So I have to wait around until they kick someone out of their room. The check in guy, while apologetic and charming etc, suggested I go to the gym for 3 hours. Again my immediate response was something along the lines, "are you fucking mad!!". Instead I decided to write this blog and string out the whole internet surfing thing quite a bit.




Spent about 20 minutes trying to get a power adapter from its plastic, but surely weapons grade, coating. I finally conceeded I was never going to open it with the assortment of blunt objects in my bag and finally went looking for something industrial to blow the casing into oblivion. Concierge came up with a broken stanley knife to help the cause, the term broken refers to the fact that the blade was sliding up and down freely, making it quite a trick to cut the casing and not my hand off. Concierge guy wouldnt go near it, ponce!!!!




However, I did see a guy with some shamrocks and a pint of guiness painted on the side of a very bald head on the way home from a good day yesterday (or today depending where you are in the world). Cheered me up no end!!!! Thats him in the photo getting into a taxi.




By the way, Sydney reminds me of Boston, which is why the title above.




I've only just got here and its like the fucking twilight zone already.

No comments: